- Italian Spinach Dip Mix
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs of butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 7 1/2- 8 cups of French or Italian bread, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup (8oz) shredded swiss cheese
Precook butternut squash in the microwave to remove skin. Prick the skin of the squash all over with a fork and slice off the ends. Microwave the squash for about 3 1/2 minutes to soften skin. Let the squash cool so it can be handles then peel away the skin and cut into cubes. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, Italian Spinach Dip Mix and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss together the Italian Spinach mixture, cheese and butternut squash together. Refrigerate and let sit for 1-4 hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour squash mixture into baking dish and bake for 55-60 minutes or until set and brown on top.
Hot Italian Spinach Dip
- 1 packet Italian Spinach Dip Mix
- 16 oz. carton small curd cottage cheese
- 8 oz. Italian Blend cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Place in a buttered casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes. Serves 6 as a side dish. May also be served as a hot appetizer with sliced cocktail pumpernickel bread.