- 1 packet Sassy BBQ Sauce Mix (dry)
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (8 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup pickle relish (optional)
- 6 hamburger buns or rolls
Combine ground beef and onions in a large saucepan. Cook until the meat has browned and the onions have turned slightly translucent. Drain any liquid from the pan and return to stove. Add salt and pepper (about a pinch or 1/8 tsp. each to start). Add Sassy BBQ Sauce Mix, ketchup, tomato sauce, yellow mustard, and relish if desired. Simmer on low for about 15 minutes or until mixture thickens. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve on hamburger buns; top with pickles slices or coleslaw. Serves 6.
- 1 packet Sassy BBQ Dipping Sauce Mix, prepared*
- 1 bag (3 pounds) frozen meatballs, smaller size OR substitute with approx. 3 pounds of other meat or seafood
Prepare sauce according to directions on packet. Add frozen meatballs to a 5 or 6 qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over meatballs. Put lid on slow cooker and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Remove lid, stir, and turn down to warm or low to serve.
*Note: ketchup works best for meatballs, chicken wings, cocktail franks, or miniature hot dogs. Tomato sauce works best for pork and shrimp.